Pages - Menu

02 July 2014

London, England: July 1st & 2nd

Our Europe trip has begun!!


Day 1:
Alex and I met up at the Las Vegas airport and were both happy to see that we were not alone in the struggle to pack light with our carry-on size bags... But we did it!! Our first flight was to Washington D.C.! The 4 hour flight went super fast and we even made a new friend who is from London. He was super friendly and gave us some suggestions for our time in London! We landed in D.C. around 9pm and caught our next flight to London shortly after for about 7 hours! This flight felt pretty long because I only got a couple hours of sleep. But on the plus side, I did get to watch Frozen and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days! We landed into London at 10:15 with about 2-3 hours of sleep and a full day ahead of ourselves!

Day 2: 
After leaving the airport we found the place we are staying at. We used the site airbnb.com and are staying in a girl's dorm she's renting out. Let's just say it's pretty tricky trying to meet up with people when your cell phone only works in Wifi and you can't find a Wifi spot. Haha! We eventually found a way to meet up with the girl and got settled into our cozy room! 

After dropping off our backpacks we hit the streets of London! Alex and I loved walking around and soaking in all the gorgeous sites! I seriously feel like I'm dreaming as I'm up close and personal with such historic and famous places! I love it!! So today we just walked near Big Ben, Westminster Abby, the London Eye, Trafalgar Square, and a couples other places I can't name off the top of my head. I love the buildings, the variety of people here, and the history! 








Tomorrow we will be doing some tours and learning more about the places we casually viewed today. We will also be going to the theatre! I'll tell you more after it happens! I couldn't be happier to be here and look forward to the adventures Alex and I will be having over the next month!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment