Pages - Menu

31 May 2011

Future Missionary

Can I start by saying how excited and happy I am!! I officially submitted my mission papers on Sunday! It almost feels unreal that it's all happening but I could not be more thrilled and yet so at peace with this decision. In about 2 weeks I will get to find out where I will be serving for 18 months. It feels great to not really have to worry about where I will be called because I know that wherever I am sent, it is where the Lord wants me. As I was filling out my paperwork it was fun to hear the reactions of my doctor, dentist, and school counselor as they ask where I'm going and I just have to say, "I don't know yet... in a few weeks I will find out!" Then they just look at me puzzled and I explain that I am going on a religious mission and that I can be sent to mostly anywhere in the world, wherever I am needed. That's a crazy thought but I am comforted to know that anywhere I go I will be watched over and given the help I need.

So on that note... Here's a question for you:
Where in the world is Sister Jones going on her mission??
Feel free to leave a comment and let me know your guess!  
The winner might just get a prize!


I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve a mission and teach people the simple truth that we have a Heavenly Father who loves each of us and that He sent His son, Jesus Christ, to atone for our sins. I know that as we are obedient, keep the commandments, and repent of our sins we will truly be happy in this life and in the next. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is an incredible blessing and is my foundation. Living the gospel brings so much joy and peace into my life and I cannot wait to share that with others!

14 comments:

  1. Brazil! My second choice is somewhere in the Northeastern US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to say Canada or somewhere in Asia...maybe Seoul Korea! So so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guatemala or Managua Nicaragua NORTE.. I would say Morristown NJ espanol, but that would be wayyyyyy too crazy !!!! LOL.. wherever you go, you will be awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Texas :) you are going to make an amazing missionary! :D ~Shantel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hermana Jones! Spanish speaking to Texas. Or English speaking in Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Italy! But Brazil would be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say Australia so you can see spencer, or south America and see Stewart and Daniel and Jeremy. Hahaha. or how about LONGDON. That would be so awsome :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't make a guess. No matter where you go, I'll be right!! muuuhahaha! Love you sistereth! I'll cry everyday for 1.5 years (or until you come home to my arms of love) lol. But seriously. It'll be so sad, yet very thrilling!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am thinking somewhere in Europe, possibly France. Although Washington would be a pretty great mission too! hehe - Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rome, Italy. All the way. This is Courtney Dalley by the way!

    ReplyDelete