Pages - Menu

27 December 2009

L-O-V-E

One of my favorite scriptures... 
John 13:34-35
"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye alove one another; as I have loved you, that ye also blove one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have alove one to another."

Here are some ways that I am going to apply this scripture...


Be more observant to those around me.
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf "In the end, the number of prayers we say may contribute to our happiness, but the number of prayers we answer may be of even greater importance. Let us open our eyes and see the heavy hearts, notice the loneliness and despair; let us feel the silent prayers of others around us, and let us be an instrument in the hands of the Lord to answer those prayers”


This quote really stood out to me because how many times am I sitting next to somebody and do not open my mouth to talk to them. Who knows all of the opportunities I miss out on to either make a new friend, learn something new, or brighten somebody's day. I am going to make a special effort to be more outgoing and take advantage of the many opportunities I have to meet new people and help those around me. You never know the difference you can make in somebody's life or the difference they can make in yours.




Be a better missionary.
John 21:15-17 Jesus said, "Lovest thou me? And [Peter] said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, aFeed my bsheep." 


I can't think of a better way to show our love for people than to teach people of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Everybody should get the chance to know that they have a Heavenly Father and Savior who loves them and wants the best for them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment