Pages - Menu

05 July 2011

Utah trip

Visiting family is the best! I was able to spend time with my  family from Cedar City, UT for the past week and I had a great time! Here's a recap of all of the fun places we visited and the memories that were created. 

Zion's Overlook:

 Bryce Canyon:
We went on a beautiful hike at Bryce Canyon and then went to some different outlooks where we saw some amazing views and took pictures!



Grease:
We went to Grease the musical at Tuicon in St. George. The musical was good, but nothing can top the movie. I love Grease! I was singing those songs from probably 5 years old and up. When I was young I would love to sing along with all of the songs and my favorite line to quote was, "Tell me about it, stud." haha, good times!


Temple:
I went through the temple for the 1st time last week and it was amazing. I was so happy to be with my family. I am so grateful for their love and support. It was a great experience and I am so grateful for temples. The St. George temple is my favorite so it was awesome being able to go through there for the first time with my family. 
St. George Temple. Isn't it gorgeous?!



 We took a visit to Salt lake City and Provo!
 We made a stop to the "This is the Place" Monument:



My dad made us pose by anything that had to do with Winter Quarters!
Here's a family that had traveled on the Mormon Trail and said a prayer
together when they finally made it to Utah. 
And also made a visit to the Salt Lake City Temple! It was way fun to talk to all of the Sister missionaries that are serving there. We stopped and talked to a bunch of the sisters and it was so cool to see how happy they all were and see their love for the gospel through their smiles and attitudes. My dad would randomly tell them I was reporting for my mission in a few weeks and they would get so excited and give me a big hug. What a fun group of girls! It made me really excited to be serving part of my mission in a visitors center/ historic site. 

Here's the Provo Temple! I'll be visiting this temple very soon while I'm in the MTC!

Things to do before leaving on my mission in 15 days:
-Finish preparing my "farewell" talk.
-Give my talk. (This Sunday)
-Spend time with family and friends.
-Keep studying scriptures and Preach My Gospel.
-Pack my entire apartment.
-Move out of my apartment.
-Finish shopping for missionary stuff.
-Pack for mission.
-Spend time with family.
-Then BAM... I'm gone!

This whole process has gone by WAY fast and I'm sure the next 15 days will do the same. I'm getting pretty excited! :)

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH. im so happy for you:) you'll be the best ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete