Pages - Menu

23 July 2010

If only life were a musical...

Tunes that I can't help but smile and dance to: 
In case you were wondering... Yes, they are slightly old and kind of random.... And Yes, they are totally AWESOME!


1) You Make My Dreams by Hall & Oats
I have been in love with the song, You Make My Dreams for about 4 months now and I still can't help but smile whenever I listen to it! This upbeat and addicting tune makes my head to bob side to side and forces my shoulders to bounce up and down! At times I would be walking on the crowded ASU campus and I would imagine how amazing it would be if everybody was friendly, happy, and dancing like the people in the video clip! (singing would be an added bonus.) Just thinking about how life would be as a musical makes me all excited and happy! If only...

 Well anyways, take a look at this video because it pretty clearly describes what I would love life to be like... 





2) Break My Stride by Matthew Wilder
For the longest time this song was just an oldie where I knew the chorus, but never payed much attention to it. This marvelous song struck me as I was watching a Glee episode with my aunt and mom, who is now addicted to the show. In this specific part it shows the  character, Rachel, immediately waking up in the morning to "Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride, nobody's gonna slow me down! Oh no, I've got to keep on moving!" And then she's working out and doing this rigorous exercise. As I watched this I thought it was pretty funny, but then IT HIT ME... I thought to myself, "maybe if I set that song as my alarm I will be able to instantly wake up and feel motivated to work out in the morning!!" Although I haven't made it my alarm yet, I have listened to it a ton and it gets me pumped and motivated for life and anything that could come in my way! I feel undefeatable whenever I'm jamming to this song! 
(Oh the 80's... The video is pretty random and weird, but just listen to the song. Especially the chorus!)


If you are ever feeling down I would recommend listening to You Make My Dreams or Break My Stride. They are WONDERFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment