Pages - Menu

27 January 2010

Not quite a dreamer.




I think this picture is quite hilarious! Probably because I think I am a realist and would be the one laughing at the dreamer (in a silent and nice manner of course). lol. There are downsides to both types of people though... having more of a reliastic point of view on life, I don't tend to make many risks and I enjoy playing it safe. This makes my life pretty easy and drama free most of the time. On the other hand, the dreamer takes risks and can more easily figure out what their potential is in the process of shooting for the stars. Like in the picture though, the individual may have to eventually be harshly awaken by reality with it possibly leaving them crushed. Sooo I guess what I'm trying to say is that I am glad I have very realistic expectations of myself, but I should also try and go above and beyond that and adapt some more of the dreamer qualities.


The other day I had the opportunity to learn ALL of the many details and requirements about becoming a Speech-language Pathologist. For awhile I was trying to decide how realistic this major is for me and if I was being "delusional" in pursuing this career.This was a good opportunity for me to realize that I have more potential than I give myself credit for and that with enough HARD WORK and HOPE that everything will work out. In this case I would like to think of myself as this hang glider... but maybe over a nice soft field of daisies or cotton. Yeah, that sounds much better than the "ocean of reality". I think I go sailing there enough... it's time for a new adventure to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment